Thursday, June 21, 2007

Night Attack: Crazy Man in My Apartment :S

Sorry, it's been a while since I updated this... amazingly some of you have even emailed to ask what's going on. Either you are very sad, bored individuals... or maybe what I write is actually interesting. I am going to be nice to all concerned and assume the latter.

So... something happened last night that certainly deserves a blot entry. First of all to give you some background I need to establish how tired I was (and thus validate the mistake I made that allowed the below events to ensue).

Yesterday was a usual nasty and very early Monday morning, and the entire day was equally nasty with issue after issue. On a positive note it went so fast as I literally had no time for myself and as I walked through the door it felt as if I had only left 10 minutes earlier. Anyway, so I got home around 10pm (straight from work... no drinks honest!) took off my shoes and dived into bed for a little rest before intending to get back up and 'do the necessary' as some of my Singapore colleagues say (basically shower and clean my teeth). No surprises I fell straight asleep without doing any of this... 'oh the morning breath' I hear you say... but not to worry... as I was to be very rudely awaken only a short hour later.

So as I am happily sleeping away in my suit pants and business shirt, suddenly a tall dark figure bursts into my apartment, kicks my shoes into the hallway ('oh no, not the shoes' I hear all my Japanese friends say) and then proceeds to trip over my laundry basket and fall onto my kitchen floor. I jumped out of bed not knowing what had happened... remembering I do live in Roppongi so there are lots of freaky people around... but my building has 3 security guards... so I had no idea what I was facing.

So I jump to my feet and switch the light on... all I see is this big Caucasian guy flat on his face on my floor, clearly very drunk without that faintest idea of where he is (was nice to notice I wasn't the only one dumping in my pants). I was a literal hysterical and went for the cricket bat in my closet (yes I have one and had played with local Aussies in Yoyogi on a few weekends). By the time I had it in hand he was back on his feet... and then I realised it was my neighbour, now looking very worried on account of the fact that I was holding a wooden killing stick of some sort that he has never seen before (he's from the US). He apologised and very quickly left my apartment.

Turns out I had forgot to lock my door after getting home so tired... and I am just assuming that my neighbour was very drunk and went for the wrong door... what a relief (even more so that I was so appropriately covered in clothing). As luck would have it I bumped into my neighbour the next morning as I left for work... the nasty bastard saw me, didn't say a word, and promptly returned to his room so he didn't have to endure taking the lift with me. Needless to say, I will be locking my door (all three locks) henceforth.

Time for bed... work in 5 hours :(

No comments: